Jr. NBA Youth basketball program
Febuary 14 to May 8, 2020
(NO CLASS April 10)
Every Friday 6:00 PM – 7:15 PM EDT
NBA Canada and Canada Basketball in collaboration with MCBC is running the Jr. NBA Youth Basketball Program in Mississauga for 12 weeks. This incredible program is the perfect opportunity for middle school kids who have an interest in physical activity and/or basketball.
Jr. NBA Youth Basketball Program is part of Canadian Sport for Life (CS4L) movement and falls within the FUNdamental and Learn to Train stage. These two stages of CS4L helps kids to develop the confidence and competence in enjoying physical activities while having fun. Skills are developed through a variety of safe, challenging games and quality instruction.
Within these two stages, kids will learn fundamental movement skills of running, jumping, throwing, catching, balance, agility, and co-ordination. These fundamentals will tie in with the development of basketball skills such as dribbling, passing, shooting, rebound and playing defense.
JR NBA OBJECTIVES
The MCBC Jr. NBA program provides opportunities for kids ages 10-12 to play basketball in an environment that has a structured curriculum and is fully support by JR NBA affiliates. During this program, kids will be provided age and stage-appropriate equipment, drills and games that will help build their character and provide an entry to Canada Basketball's development pathway.
- Age: 10-12
- Gender: Boys and Girls
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Session length: 75 minutes
- Registration fee: (NEW) $100 / (RETURNING) $75
- Included in the registration is the opportunity to attend a Raptors 905 game on Saturday, March 7th at 2 PM and a special post-game event.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Immersed in a proven curriculum
- Coaches are properly screened and trained
- Player Package includes a jersey, basketball, drawstring bag, certificate, and poster
- Parents’ Guide for all JNYB parents
- Provincial and national membership and liability insurance
Program Benefits for Parents
- Reclaim Your Time – What would you do if you had a couple of hours to yourself? Catch up with friends, go on a date, or curl up with a book. The choice is yours so make the most of it.
- Get Involved - Parents are given the opportunity to be an active participant in their child's development in sport. Talk to your coaches to see how you can be a part of the program.
- Peace of Mind – All staff have a successful police background check.
- Reconnect - We have programs for adults to connect with other parents and talk (like adults).